Mastodon designing futures where nothing will occur

maandag 6 mei 2013

De voor en tegens van muziektechnologie

No I can’t agree with technology or computers or software programs sucking life out of music. On the other hand, the computer – or I guess software – evolution has enabled a lot of musicians, a lot of people, to make music that otherwise wouldn’t be able to. Therefore a lot of people that shouldn’t be making music are now making music. I mean, that’s the downside. The upside is that you have a lot more creativity, a lot more ideas coming to the table. That’s what I’m interested in. I’m more interested in the positive and good ideas that come from technology as opposed to the people that aren’t talented or that have no skill just doing it to try to make money, or because they can. You have to take the bitter with the sweet, I guess.
Juan Atkins in South London Ordnance (via Factmag)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten